8.17.2006

yes it is my birthday today, and no, i am not bored. i came across this while i was blog surfing today, and perhaps i was in search of something to itch at my brainlings. also, this may be the last thing i write for a few days seeing that my body is to see a concerning decrease in brain cells within the next 12 hours...... ahhaaa YES.


1. grab the book nearest to you, turn to page 18, find line 4. write down what it says:


But Lane couldn't let a controversy drop until it had been resolved in his favor. "I mean, hell," he said. "There are incompetent people in all walks of life. I mean that's basic. Let's drop the goddamn section men for a minute." He looked at Franny. "You listening to me, or what?" [Franny and Zooey, by J.D. Salinger]

2. stretch your left arm out as far as you can...what do you touch first?

one of several legal pads cluttering my desk-space.

3. what is the last thing you watched on tv?

the Today Show obsessing over JonBenet Ramsey.

4. without looking, what time is it?

12:02.

5. now look at the clock, what is the actual time?

12:02.... I'm good like that.

6. with the exception of the computer, what can you hear?

Toby Lightman in my headphones and Yvonne, the lady that works nextdoor to me, on the phone. I like her. In fact, she's the only one around me that I can stand.

7. when did you last step outside?

To get to work - but I used the skyways as soon as I found a door. Rain on my birthday - at least it helps me figure out how I'm really feeling today. If it were sunny, I feel as though I'd be pressured to feel "sunny." I am genuinely happy today.

8. what are you wearing?

A cream cableknit vest over a wifebeater, a gold, low-dropping charm necklance, black jersy-knit pants and my black kitten heels. SAAAASSSSSSYYYYY. Ok, so I feel happy, and sassy.

9. when did you last laugh?

Five minutes ago when Alyssa called my line to wish me a happy birthday for the second time today and ask where she was taking me for my birthday lunch.

10. seen anything weird lately?

"I watched the people across the street do a naked photoshoot on their balcony." -that's what the blogger before me had as her response. I wish! And to think, all I saw was a black squirrell....

11. what did you dream last night?

Sex was involved, obviously. Hahaa, no.... but seriously.

12. what's on the walls of the room you're in?

Well, I'm in my cube at work and all that I managed to tack to the meshy beige not-sound-proof-but-REALLY-wish-they-were walls is a newspaper atricle/picture of Chuck Klosterman with a green highlighter-drawn heart around his head.

14. what do you think of this survey?

Why do survey's always ignore #13??

15. what's the last film you saw?

World Trade Center. I recommend kleenex. Before that, The Inconvenient Truth. BEFORE THAT, Scoop. THREE movies in one week. If you know me..... weird, right?

16. if you became a multi-millionaire overnight, what would you buy first?

My parents a two week trip around Europe. Then, a cabin in Montana, then a flat in Sloane Square, London. then a yellow Saab convertible. Then a Boston Terrier and then.......... a vintage-wear shopping spree - all that I wish I could afford.

17. tell me something about you that i don't know.

I want to be a librarian someday.

18. if you could change one thing about the world, what would you change?

The President of the United States.

19. do you like to dance?

As if. My belt would reveal 15 years.

20. imagine your first child is a girl, what do you call her?

Ok - first off, I just finished having lunch with my co-worker (yes, I took a break since I started this thing), and I was explaining to her how I don't think I'll ever have children. She doesn't want kids, either. In fact, her husband and her give people (behind their backs, of course) fuck trophies. A mockery. I don't ever brainstorm girl names, anyway. Only boys....see below.

21. boy?

Ummmm.... Matthew Hyde.

22. would you ever consider living abroad?

Hahhagahha.... you're kidding, right? If someone walked up to me in this drag of an office and asked me if I could take their ticket abroad for whatever reason, fuck the bus, I'd be running home to back my bags.

No comments: