consumption level
I’m as white as they come
As beached and as blue eyed as any German American
I’m consumed in the media’s propaganda and the government’s attempt to fix
I’m a thankless, thoughtless, godless teenager
My glass is either twenty past full or quarter to empty
The hazy level of mishappening displacements sends my conscious to the fakery
I’m a white minority to the darkside of confusion
and I wave my white flag to the cultural fallout in my heart
I drive a black Honda and drink Summari Blend
I sleep with a white blanket and crash in a room of discolored walls
My purebred status in the Midwest jungle is a soaring number
While I’m a world hungry traveler amongst “what if” capabilities
Wrapped around a pretty-in-pink polished nail, filed and cut
I’m a runner of sticks and collector of stones
The Mediterranean sailor of blonde waves and gray skies
I’m a floetic white consumer of distillness and nothingness
and everything
i wrote this in 2004. i just came across it while i was looking for another one of my essays.
...while listening to OneRepublic.
...trying to dream aloud.

No comments:
Post a Comment